DATA PROTECTION NOTICE FOR CUSTOMERS
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which TRAXX Motor Company Pte
Ltd (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our
customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies
to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the
possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process
personal data for our purposes.
- As used in this Notice:
“customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find
out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a
contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be
identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we
have or are likely to have access.
- Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data
which we may collect from you include name, residential address, email address and
- Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA
(where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily
by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your
personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised
representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and
(ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the
collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use
of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws.
We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before
using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where
permitted or authorised by law).
- We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
(a) performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the
goods and/or services requested by you;
(b) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications,
complaints, and feedback from you;
(c) managing your relationship with us; and
(d) processing payment or credit transactions.
- We may disclose your personal data:
(a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or
in connection with our provision of the goods and services requested by you; or
(b) to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have
engaged to perform any of the functions with reference to the above mentioned
- The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations
where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been
terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where
applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under a contract with you)
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal
data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may
withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your
personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in
writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require
reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our
relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the
consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which
may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your
request within thirty (30) business days of receiving it.
- Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending
on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue
providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you
before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your
withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 8
- Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect,
use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent
is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data
which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose
your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal
data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to
our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will
inform you of the fee before processing your request.
- We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. In general, our
response will be within thirty (30) business days. Should we not be able to respond to
your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in
writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your
request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction
requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to
do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure,
copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate
administrative, physical and technical measures such as minimised collection of
personal data, authentication and access controls (such as good password practices,
need-to-basis for data disclosure, etc.), encryption of data, up-to-date antivirus
protection, regular patching of operating system and other software, securely erase
storage media in devices before disposal, and web security measures against risks.
- You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or
method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed,
we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and
enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
- We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative).
In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please
update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection
Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for
which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can
be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no
longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer
necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
- We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore.
However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we
will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of
protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
- You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on
our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any
request, in the following manner:
Contact No. : +65 6459-2338
Email Address : email@example.com
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
- This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and
consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your
personal data by us.
- We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine
if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was
last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement
and acceptance of such changes.